Thursday, December 13, 2007




December 13th
I went to work today and found out that much of my Christmas list is quickly being filled. I got an E-mail from Ryan's mom saying he was dealing with the reality of needing casts to straighten his legs better than the day before. Job got his lungs!!!! and although it is still early he survived surgery and he is doing o.k. with them so far... still in the ICU... but that is to be expected. Ross's mouth soars which have been hellish and very painful filling his mouth and surrounding areas are finally taking a turn for the better and he was able to talk now and even ate a little unsalted broth. I had the best time getting him out of bed to go sneak a peek at the Christmas gifts his grandparents brought him. Belinda a hairless victim of chemotherapy had on a shirt that said "I'm too sexy for my hair." And although Dylan didn't exactly smile... he did request to get out of his room again tomorrow.... which I see as one step closer.... Brianna... who was told earlier this week that her cancer will very likely take her life, as her tumors have all grown rapidly depite aggressive chemotherapy, and radiation has chosen with her family to spend this christmas season at home. in peaceful and loving surroundings, and to discontinue treatment. She seems much more at peace and better able to deal with the pain and immobility that clinch her small body since the news. Her faith in God seems to be carrying her through.
So thank you god for the blessings everyday. and for filling my Christmas list so rapidly.

No comments: