Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's day everyone


Happy Mother's day Everyone...Yes you too... Happy Mother's day. (Edit Post)

I wish sometimes that I had given birth. Had my own so to speak. It never worked out. When I think about Mother's day... Well I love my Mother so much she has been an inspiration, a care giver, a teacher, a Guide upon which I am grounded. But she is not the only one.... sorry Mom... There are other Mothers in my life. Women who I have called Grandma, and Aunt, and Friend. Some have now passed on and others are still living. Some I still see and others I have lost contact with. Everyone a Mother.  

Each Mother has given me something I cherish. Some Moms have helped my find myself... Grandma Veers, Angie and Diana. Brenda(Laurabeth's Mom) taught me grace under fire. Sarah, my sis taught me how to love unconditionally, and to seek humor in an often uptight world. Bethany sis in law taught me its OK to be a round peg in a square hole/ world. Diana's parents taught me the art of vacationing/ being there. My sis Andi showed me that you really can kill them with kindness, and love them forever. Oh ya and to try try again. Larabeth: patience, Grandma P: Caring, the art of anticipating a need and filling it before being asked. Susie: vaule of family/nature and how to grow up. The list could go on and on and on.... The list would include many men in my life, and people I don't know their names. Many people taught me so many things. Happy Mother's Day.
This Mother's day Don't forget your Mom... and Don't forget your Moms... 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a caregiver, but you've always had this knack for writing, too. Thanks for the amazing, inspiring, and tear-inducing words. I love you! Andi