Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birds!!! more Birds!!! and Catfish too.

Edgar had helped win a case for a lady in his union... Vicki... She was so nice and invited Edgar and I out to her families property in Oakwaville Ill. about an hour south east of St. Louis. Wow was her place amazing. Edgar caught this Catfish at her lake
This was a birding and wildlife overlook at her place. Her mother in law has been feeding birds here for at least 14 years.
This was part of the lake overlooking Vicki's house and the swimming beach, fishing dock and swim deck.
It was so beautiful! Edgar had a great time fishing he hooked at least one other really good sized CAT that got caught up in the rocks. I swam over to try to free it... and felt it or another fish brush past my leg. I couldn't free it so he had to break the line. I had fun swimming and watching the birds...
Ruby Throated Hummingbird
I saw about 30-50 of these little birds today... Her mother is law had several feeders and she said the hummingbirds swarm when the feeders get low. So there where many all around and in the trees near by. I didn't have my camera so again this is from the internet.

There where lots of birds but few I could positively identify... but this one was clear as day... Red bellied woodpecker. Again my camera would never do it justice so this is from the internet too.
I saw many Cardinals, more goldfinches and sparrows... none I could positively ID
It was a good day... but the hot sun made me soooo tired by the time I got home I took a 2 hour nap. I heard owls, pileated woodpeckers and warblers

No comments: