Saturday, September 6, 2008

Beyond the Cure....


Taking on Life: During Treatment and Beyond the Cure

September 06, 2008 The Hyatt Regency St. Louis Riverfront Hotel St. Louis, MO


This conference focuses on issues and concerns experienced during childhood cancer treatment and beyond the cure. Medical professionals and families will have the opportunity to learn about the latest research and best approaches for survivorship and wellness. Parents of children with cancer, survivors age 14 and up and health care professionals are invited to attend the conference.

Guest faculty: Paul Nathan, MD,MSc,FRCPC Staff Oncologist, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada Associate Scientist, Research Institute: Child Evaluative SciencesAssistant Professor of Pediatrics and Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto

Greg Pacini, MS,LPC,CGPLicensed Professional CounselorAuthor of "Journey Beyond Diagnosis"

Rebecca Katz, MSChef and Cookbook author of "One Bit at a Time"

Brenda Witte, MSPT and Amy Downes Westfall, OTD,OTR/L St. Louis Children's Hospital

I had to boast for a second. I presented at this confrence today. I was the only person who presented who wasn't a pubished author. I thought Amy, my co presenter wasn't either... but she told me today that her research for her doctorate degree just got accepted for publication. Leaveing me the only unpublished speaker!!!! It was really cool and felt like a huge honor to speak in such company. All the speakers where very dynamic and interesting. And I think our presentation was as well. We had lots of fun slides and an activity session. Guess I better get busy planning that research or writting that book.
I have to admit it was the first time I have worn a skirt in quite a while. Pantyhose are weird! can anyone really ever get them totally straight?
Edgar is out "camping" in military TLF with his boys... He called this morning to tell me his phone wasn't working it got wet... because he fell in the river while fishing! Sounds like fun to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Brenda! It's exciting to present, and even better to be a keynote speaker. Congratulations! I've only presented as a submitter.
- Bethany