Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Big Hair Cut!!!...and Susie's 92nd Birthday Party


Sarah and I went to the Botanical Garden's today....It was the Japanese festival. Very crowed so we explored other parts of the garden...Had a great time... I really want to try my hand... and patients at growing a bonsi tree.













Happy 92nd Birthday Susie!!!


A little over a week ago Diana and I got the big hair cut.... Donated our 10-12 inch pony tails to Beautiful lengths for women with Cancer. (locks of love doesn't do kids with cancer) Here is our before during and after photos....







































The beautiful girls.....















I loved my hair the first couple of days..... then the natural (mean) curls set in... now its a bit like me wild and unsettled. But... next year I will have enough to donate again.... Lord willing. My hair tens to grow quite fast.

We had a great time at Susies birthday party... I was glad so much family could make it. There was a little excitement with a glucose meter no one could figure out.... It could do everything except give us a blood sugar number!@!! then when it did it said 48... thats awfully low!!! Susie took a normal dose of insulin and seemed to feel pretty good for the duration. She never felt like her blood sugar was low. I have had a chance to get to know Susie over the past couple of years like I never did before and its been great. I feel blessed that she has lived so long and still has no signs of dementia... My Great grandmother... Susie's mom had Alzheimer's for a very long time. So I know that it was always a concern of Susie's. ....























2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the haircuts! So sad we couldn't be at Susie's party. It's during events like that when I miss being in MO and close to everyone. My grandma is 92, also, so I share your happiness at their good health and mental states. Well, we'll just have to wait for Christmas. And GO TIGERS!!!
-Bethany

Topper said...

Glad the presentation went well. I'll be waiting for the book. Cute haircuts too.