Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July its hot










Work Has been crazy lately.... I am not a big fan of Childhood cancers... It just makes my job hard. No one died today or anything like that... just some days you see what all these kids go through.
butt....
Vacation is comming up in a week!! Can't wait. Colorado Springs
Cool mountains fun in the sun. Love it. Also just need to get away...
Ryan has been tolerateing his leg casts very well. his left leg has stretched out quite a bit... it was the leg that was better to begin with... the right leg has gained a couple of degrees....
I have never seen this kid happier than talking with Kistine (the therapist who is doing his casting) about beer bottle caps which he collects and then about the trains of europe..Kristine is from Belgium. I truely enjoyed watching their interaction. I am very pleased with the results and Ryan's motivation. It has really been a blessing.

I am presenting at a confrence about Childhood cancer in September. How exercise impacts survivors and those in current treatment. I am excited on the one hand... and perturb by how much energy and extra time goes into it. I don't get any time at work to really prepare and I am presenting with another therapist in my department. So it take coordinating our schedules. I like the honor of being asked and want to do a good job. I am generally a good public speaker. I am more worried about getting the facts straight than the actual lecture.

Its gotten late... I am not really tired. Tommorow is full of things to do before the vacation. So I better get myself in bored tired mode....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

When and where is the conference???

Brenda said...

The confrence is in st. louis at the Hyatt on Septemebr 6th 2008.