Sunday, August 7, 2011

Motivation

I am trying to lose weight....and so far 3 pounds down... not much but at least it is a start. I am planning to audition for the biggest loser. I need and want that kind of motivation. The hardest thing in the world for me is that I don't like to cook. in fact I hate it. I would rather eat cereal for every meal than cook. Having my neighbor girls around so much has been a bit more motivation to cook. but it is really hard when they want to eat things like baked beans and fried chicken. or Raman noodles with sausage and cheese. I made a really good almond crusted talapia last week. it was really good and everyone even Edgar liked it... but it was too much work. I am lazy in the kitchen. My mom made cooking look effortless. It seemed like she would go in the kitchen and a few mins. later out would come this great casserole with delicious vegetables on the side and whole made lemon-aid in a beautiful glass pitcher. I am pretty sure she worked harder than I ever noticed, because I can't ever seem to have the same results. and the food I make sometimes good and sometimes just plain terrible. So when I get off at 6:30 it is too often of to mcdonalds I go. How to break the cycle. what is super fast...low cal filling, low sodium, and pretty good eating? seriously any help would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Congrats on the weight lost...it's a great start and every time I hear about someone else losing weight, it is inspiring to me. Nearly all I make are quick, easy, and healthy recipes. I have collected many, so I will email them to you soon. As for tasting good...well, anything beats McDonald's, don't you think?

Unknown said...

Another thing that helps with speed is making two or three times what you'll eat at that meal, and having yummy leftovers for later, or to take to work. It helps immensely with busy nights. And between Scouts, homework, and two baseball teams, most of our nights are pretty busy. Also, Kroger stores (and probably others) have really good lettuce mixes (not the bagged ones, these are in plastic boxes) that make a quick and easy salad. Just add some tomatoes, carrots, croutons, and slices of grilled chicken or a hard-boiled egg, and you've got a great lunch or dinner. Keep it up, girlie!!